A web development workshop series for people with absolutely zero coding experience.
[ GitHub ]
Workshop #1: HTML & CSS - Designing Layouts, Content & Styles
Workshop #3: Jekyll - Creating an Online Blog or Portfolio
Workshop #4: p5.js - Creating Expressive Visuals
By the end of the workshop series, participants will
- Have a clear understanding of client-side web development
- Be able to find and learn libraries suitable for specific tasks
- Be able to identify and use the right frameworks depending on the needs
- Be able to choose an API and learn its usage from documentations
- Have a basic understanding of server-side web development
- Have a unique website hosted on GitHub
- Be empowered with infinite resources online to further develop their skills in web development on their own
This workshop series embraces an example-based learning process. The participants will be given code examples that slowly guide them as the workshop progresses. It also focuses on learning by practicing. The participants will be assigned homework that motivates them to branch out and learn on their own. The participants will be encouraged to come up with creative solutions of their own, instead of rigidly following the path of the old-timers.